As an employer, you take great pride in the business you’ve built and run, and rightfully so. Unfortunately, if you find yourself facing accusations of wrongdoing, the future of your business may be at stake, which is why you shouldn’t proceed without a seasoned Los Angeles County, California employment attorney on your side. We’ve fought on behalf of employers for years, and we are prepared to put that experience to work for you as well. Contact Lee Law Offices today to learn more about how we can assist you.
Los Angeles County, California Employment Attorney | Representation for Employers
We live in a day and age where employees are more empowered than ever, especially in the state of California. Of course, when employees are truly victims of discrimination or harassment, this is a good thing, as they can exercise their rights to remedy any wrongdoing on the part of their employers. However, the unfortunate reality is that in more recent years, employees are bringing more and more baseless, yet potentially detrimental claims against their employers, jeopardizing their business. This is unacceptable, which is why our firm is dedicated to helping employers save their businesses and preserve their good name.
Our Legal Services
We know how much money, time, and energy it takes to run a business especially when California labor laws are so harsh on employers. If you have a business in California and are having any issues with a former or current employee, then you have come to the right place. Our team will help you build a strong and cost-effective defense to protect your business from employee-friendly California state laws, vindictive former employees, and greedy employee-side attorneys looking only to exploit you. Just some of the legal services we offer our employer clients are as follows:
- Class Action Defense: A class-action lawsuit can have a very harmful impact on a business, costing time, lots of money, and may even have criminal implications. We are here to fight any class-action dispute brought against you.
- Discrimination Defense: Discrimination in the workplace is a very serious issue, though, in today’s day and age, discrimination claims are often brought without any basis in reality. We are here to defend your business against these accusations.
- Employment Contracts: Employers often require employees to sign, and abide by, certain employment contracts. Our firm can help ensure any contracts you draft are lawful, and if they are violated by your employees, we can help you pursue legal action against them. We can also help if you are accused of violating your end of the contract as well.
- Hostile Work Environment Defense: A hostile work environment is created when employees are made to feel uncomfortable, unsafe, or threatened. This can come in the form of sexual harassment, repeated off-color jokes, or otherwise. That said, some employees have been known to exaggerate or outright lie about hostile work environments to take advantage of their employers, and if this has happened to you, you should speak with an experienced Los Angeles County, California employment attorney at our firm as soon as you can.
- Retaliation Claim Defense: Employers often face accusations of retaliation against employees, when in reality, an employer demoting or firing an employee simply has nothing to do with the issue brought to their attention.
- Sexual Harassment Defense: No employee should ever be subjected to sexual harassment in the workplace. While this is true, incidents of false reports of sexual harassment are not uncommon, and often, they can have very serious implications on employers. Don’t face an allegation of sexual harassment on your own–speak with a knowledgeable Los Angeles County, California employment attorney at once.
- Wage & Hour Law Compliance: Most employees are entitled to make the federal or state minimum wage. Certain employees are also entitled to overtime pay. However, disputes over whether employees are entitled to certain types of pay frequently occur, and if you believe your employee is in the wrong, we are here to help.
- Whistleblower Defense: If you are dealing with a whistleblower who allegedly has proof of your company engaging in illicit or unlawful activity, you need an experienced Los Angeles County, California employment attorney on your side. Our firm has handled countless cases involving whistleblowers over the years, and we are here to help shield you from the potentially severe repercussions a whistleblower can have on your company.
- Wrongful Termination Defense: All too often, employees believe that they were fired for “no reason,” or that they were fired because of discriminatory reasons. When this happens, they will frequently bring wrongful termination claims against their employer. Our firm can help disprove these claims and protect your company.
- Employment Litigation: If one of your employees recently brought a lawsuit against you for harassment, discrimination, or any other type of alleged wrongdoing, you need a legal team with significant experience in employment litigation. Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place. We will fight for the best possible outcome on your behalf.
Employers who are facing any of the aforementioned shouldn’t hire just any attorney to represent them; they need a Los Angeles, California labor lawyer who will fight, tooth-and-nail, to protect their businesses.
Contact a Los Angeles County, California Employment Attorney
If you are an employer and you are facing unwarranted accusations of wrongdoing, the time to act is now. Our firm is dedicated to providing employers throughout the state of California with the competent and aggressive legal representation they deserve to mitigate the potential harm caused by these allegations. Contact Lee Law Offices today to schedule your initial consultation with our experienced legal team.