Running a business is not easy. No matter what you do, you can’t please everyone, whether they are employees, customers or other businesses. Despite your best efforts, you still run the risk of lawsuits for wrongful termination, whistleblower complaints, wage and hour law compliance disputes, sexual harassment, retaliation, fostering a hostile work environment, discrimination and more. If you are facing a lawsuit for these or any other accusations of misconduct, please read on, then contact an experienced Los Angeles County, California employment attorney to learn more about this process and how our firm can help you.
What should you do if you face a lawsuit in California?
Those who face or suspect they or their businesses may face a lawsuit should do the following promptly:
- Realize the seriousness of the suit’s accusations: If your business is accused of wrongdoing, you need to understand how such an accusation can impact you down the road. The first step in moving forward is realizing that these accusations are not to be taken lightly.
- Understand that the price of a good defense is well worth it: The price of an attorney pales in comparison to the price of a lost lawsuit and the destruction of your business.
- Intervene before being served: In some cases, your lawyer can step in and squash any accusations before they make it to a formal level.
- Take no action: Once you speak with an attorney, stay silent. Don’t post on social media or make a scene. Let your attorney do the heavy lifting.
- Investigation: Your attorney can investigate the party bringing a lawsuit against you and determine whether they are lying or have an ulterior motive for doing so.
- Settle: In some cases, even if you’re innocent, it may be best to just settle and move on with your life before the case ever reaches the public eye.
Contact Our Experienced Los Angeles Firm
Whether you are an employer or an employee involved in an employment-related dispute, you can rely on the legal team here at Lee Law Offices to fight for you. Our firm has significant experience in matters involving church and commercial litigation. Contact us today so we can discuss your situation and determine the best path forward.